THE OUTDOOR FUN SHOP (ABN: 80 169 090 055) is covered by the National Privacy Principles as set out in the Privacy Act 1988 and amended by the Privacy Amendment (Private Sector) Act 2000).
Purpose of the Policy
THE OUTDOOR FUN SHOP is covered by the Privacy Act and takes all reasonable steps to comply with the Act and protect the privacy of the personal information that we hold. The Policy applies to THE OUTDOOR FUN SHOP.
The Personal Information that THE OUTDOOR FUN SHOP Collects.
THE OUTDOOR FUN SHOP collects the following personal information in relation to the individuals it deals with directly as purchasers, or the individuals it deals with who are a contact person for purchasing organizations:
- your name
- address and other contact details (telephone, facsimile, email, etc.)
- credit card details for charging for goods or services supplied by THE OUTDOOR FUN SHOP
Why We Collect Personal Information.
THE OUTDOOR FUN SHOP collects this information to enable us to sell products & services via the internet. This also includes the following purposes:
- selling you our product and or services,
- satisfying the service and delivery requirements of customers,
- administering and managing the accounts payable and accounts receivable functions of THE OUTDOOR FUN SHOP.
THE OUTDOOR FUN SHOP may disclose this information to:
- the bank through which purchase payments are received,
- our insurer/s
- mailing houses, for use with our mailings only
- legal and other professional advisers
- government departments, but only when we are legally obliged to provide such information.
Sources of Information
Where possible we will collect the information directly from our purchasers. If personal information is collected from another party other than the individual themselves, then THE OUTDOOR FUN SHOP will take reasonable steps to inform that individual of the collection.
THE OUTDOOR FUN SHOP does not send personal information overseas without the permission of the appropriate individual.
Access to Your Personal Information
THE OUTDOOR FUN SHOP provides access to you in relation to the personal information that we hold about you. All requests for access will be:
- treated seriously
- dealt with promptly
- dealt with in a confidential manner, and
- will not effect your existing obligations or effect the commercial arrangements between you and THE OUTDOOR FUN SHOP.
We will provide access by allowing you to inspect, take notes of or receive copies or print outs of the personal information that we hold about you. Access will only be denied if:
- the request does not relate to the personal information of the person making the request
- providing access would pose a serious and imminent threat to life or health of a person
- providing access would create an unreasonable impact on the privacy of others
- the request is frivolous and vexatious
- the request relates to existing or anticipated legal proceedings
- providing access would prejudice negotiations with the individual making the request
- access would be unlawful
- denial of access is authorised or required by law
- access would prejudice law enforcement activities
- access discloses a ‘commercially sensitive’ decision making process or information
- any other reason that is provided for in the National Privacy Principles (NPPs) set-out under the Privacy Act
We will take all reasonable steps to provide access within 30 days of your request. A charge may be imposed if the time taken to retrieve archived information is considerable but this will be quoted and agreed prior to the work being done.
You can request access by calling or writing to THE OUTDOOR FUN SHOP at P.O. Box 4113, Candelo, 2550, NSW, or via email to email@example.com.
We will take all reasonable steps to protect the security of the personal information that we hold. This includes appropriate measures to protect electronic materials and materials stored and generated in hard copy.
We do not contract out data storage or processing functions.
If you choose not to provide the information
You are not obliged to give us your personal information. However, if you choose not to provide THE OUTDOOR FUN SHOP with the requested information we may not be able to provide you with the full range of our products and/or services.
Contact The Outdoor Fun Shop at firstname.lastname@example.org. A representative will evaluate your return request and record all the necessary product return information and issue you with a Return Authorisation Number (RAN). You will also be provided with address details of where to send your return. You should not send your item without an “RAN”
- Send your item to the return address provided with your RAN clearly displayed on the outside of the package & inside the return packaging. As soon as the return has been received, a replacement product will be forwarded.
- The return must be received by The Outdoor Fun Shop within (14) fourteen days of the RA Number being issued.
- Replacement products will only be forwarded after the faulty item has been received by The Outdoor Fun Shop. All returns must have an RAN Number.
- Products that are returned to The Outdoor Fun Shop without an RAN will be returned to sender.
- The purchaser bears the cost of returning the item to the Outdoor Fun Shop, who may, in thier discretion, reimburse the purchaser for that cost.
If you feel that your return falls outside of our policy, please contact our customer representative at email@example.com first to confirm if your return can be accepted.
If you have any complaints about our privacy practices or wish to make a complaint about how your personal information is managed please contact THE OUTDOOR FUN SHOP at PO Box 4113, Candelo NSW 2550, Australia, or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
All complaints will:
- be treated seriously
- be dealt with within 28 days
- be dealt with in a confidential manner
- be logged on a database/complaints register
- not effect your existing obligations or the commercial arrangements that exist between this organization and you.
If you have provided us with personal information you have a right to make a complaint, have it investigated and dealt with under this policy.
Complaints can include matters such as:
- how personal information is collected
- how personal information is stored
- how this information is used or disclosed
- how access is provided
You may complain in writing, and once the complaint has been made, it will then be resolved in a number of ways:
- Request further information and investigation: We may request further information from you. You should be prepared to give as many details as possible including details of any relevant dates and documentation. This will enable us to investigate the complaint and determine an appropriate and useful solution. All details provided will be kept confidential.
- Discuss options: We will discuss options for resolution and if you have suggestions about how the matter might be resolved you should discuss these with us. We may also suggest other solutions or give examples of how the personal information can be revised or stored in a different way.
- Resolution: You will be informed of the outcome and the reasons for the decision. If this does not resolve the complaint, the matter will be referred to a mutually agreed intermediary.
- If after the above steps have been followed you are still dissatisfied with the outcome you may refer the complaint to the Federal Office of the Privacy Commissioner.
THE OUTDOOR FUN SHOP is unable to deal with anonymous complaints as we are unable to investigate properly and follow-up such complaints. However, in the event that an anonymous complaint is received we will note the issues raised and try and resolve them appropriately.